Thursday, August 27, 2009

Molly Grace is Finally Here!


Molly Grace Calderon
August 18, 2009 6:37 AM
9 lbs, 12.5 oz 21 1/2 inches

After 5 weeks of labor I was finally induced on Monday, August 17th at 8 pm. That happened to be Jeff's birthday, but my stubborn little Leo baby just wouldn't be born on her daddy's birthday. So at 6:37 AM on Grandpa's birthday, she made her sweet appearance!

Although I dutifully took my laptop to the hospital so I could blog about Miss Molly immediately, here I am 9 days later finally getting to it. My labor was pretty easy - 9 hours (half the time of my other 3!) of fairly mild contractions. Over the previous 5 weeks I had dilated to 4+, so I was pretty much halfway there when the pitocin got started. About one hour of the scary ones at the end, and then - 2 pushes - and there she was, our beautiful baby girl.

The day Molly was born also happened to be Joey and Rachel's first day of school. My good friend Jerri sent cookies and her mother over to take care of business! "Grandma Johnny" spent the night and sent the kiddos off for their first day, and when they got home Jeff brought everyone up to see their new baby sister.


Noah was a little scared at first and wanted to leave the room, but quickly changed his mind and fell in love with his baby. Joey and Rachel thought she was quite cute. Of course, Jeff and I were completely in love with her the moment we laid eyes on her!


So far, Molly still has blue eyes. Her hair is dark brown. She looks so much like Noah, but everything is just a little smaller - her eyes, nose, and mouth are petite versions of big brother.


We're settling into a routine here at home, and Molly is nursing about every two hours, with 4 hour stretches during the night. She is content and alert most of the day.


Thank you, everyone, for your well wishes and prayers. We're all doing great!

Come visit our pretty princess!!!




2 comments: